NHHS Library Pandemic Policy 2020-2021
- The NHHS Library will operate with closed stacks for the 2020-2021 school year. This means that students will use Destiny Library Manager (our online card catalog) to locate books.
- Students will choose books online and check them out using the procedure below.
- Students will use Destiny to search for books they would like to check out.
- Students will send a Schoology message to Mrs. DeVenney or Mrs. Upton with the title(s) of the book(s) they would like to check out.
- Books will be checked out to the students who requested them.
- Books will be placed in opaque paper bags for privacy and labeled with the student's name.
- Students will pick up their library books from the table just inside the library.
- Students will return library books to the book drop outside the library door.
HOW TO CHECK OUT TEXTBOOKS
1. Pick up Textbook Request Form from table in front of library.
2. Complete the form in class or at home.
3. Return form to table outside library.
4. Pick up textbooks from table in front of library the next morning.
Questions? Send Mrs. DeVenney a Schoology message.
Mrs. Hope DeVenney
Mrs. Nancy Upton
DESTINY allows the user to search for a book by title, author, subject, or keyword. DESTINY also allows the user to check if a particular book is on the shelf or, if checked out, when it is due. Every NHHS student has his/her own DESTINY account.
MAGNOLIA is Mississippi’s collection of online databases.
See your librarian for the password.
USEFUL WEBSITES and VIDEOS